Traveling to Costa Rica
We’ve developed a quick checklist to make it easy to plan and prepare for your Costa Rica dental vacation.
- Have a Valid Passport: Your passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of travel.
- Purchase travel insurance: The cost for good travel insurance is generally worth the sense of security it provides. www.travelguard.com
- Pack for all kinds of weather: Costa Rica is a small country full of many micro-climates. Pack for a variety of activities – shorts, jeans, comfortable clothes, sandals, tennis shoes, a light jacket, swimming suits and plenty of sunscreen.
What to Pack
- Bring important medical documents with you, such as x-rays, MRI reports, and any important information that your doctors and dental team should know.
- Bring an extra pair of glasses or contact lenses: It doesn’t happen often, but luggage gets lost, glasses break…so it’s good to have a back-up!
- Pack extra medication: If you are coming to Costa Rica for one week, bring enough medication to last two weeks in case of any problems.
- Make copies of your passport: If you make photocopies of your passport and immunization records, and keep them in a separate location. It’s a lot easier to get a replacement of your passport if you’ve got a copy.
- Pack your common sense: Costa Rica is a very safe country – but like anywhere, you need to pay attention. Don't let your mind go on vacation, just because your body is.