Meet the iSmile Team
Our staff is 100% bilingual and you can discuss your needs, concerns and expectations about your dental treatment in your own language. Many of our dentists have received at least part of their training abroad, in English and have lived in other countries themselves.
Dr. José Dittel
Dr. Dittel is recognized as the only medical professional with a double degree. Dr. Dittel is a Licensed Doctor of Medicine and Dentistry with two specialties in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Advanced General Dentistry. Clients from around the world come to Dr. Dittel for dental implants, full mouth reconstructions, bone grafts, maxillofacial surgery and more.
- MD: Universidad de Iberoamerica (UNIBE) – School of Medicine.
- Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: University of Puerto Rico – School of Dentistry, Puerto Rico.
- Specialist in Advanced General Dentistry. University of Puerto Rico – School of Dentistry, Puerto Rico.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery. University of Costa Rica – School of Medicine.
- Certificate of Implantology Continuum – School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, PA
- Patient Coordinator 2014 at present
- Aesthetic Center Owner
- 2003-2016: Dental and Surgical Assistant – iSmile Costa Rica
- 2011-2016: General Practictioner – Hospital Max Peralta
Dr. Jose Francisco Dittel Gomez
- 1959 – Science and letters Bachelor Colegio de San Luis Gonzaga
- 1966 – English Language special course Georgetown University, Washington D.C
- 1976 – Doctor in dental Surgery University of Costa Rica
- 1995 – Spanish update in Dentistry University of Texas, dental branch, San Antonio
- 1990 – Hands on “Esthetic implant prosthesis. therapy for Oseointegrated Implants 3i Implant innovations, Inc" Costa Rica
- More than 50 National and International courses
- 20 years of teaching experience in Dentistry
- First Program Director for dental technician University College of Cartago 1978 to 1981
- Dean of University of Costa Rica Faculty of Dentistry 1991 to 1994
- Private Practice since 1977
- Multiple publications
- Social Services in Costa Rica at Social Security Institution (CCSS)
- Private practice in General Dentistry at Doctores Dittel Clinic
- Private practice in General Dentistry at iSmile Costa Rica
- Executive director and private practice at Vida Dental Specialist Clinic in Costa Rica
Dr. Pablo Dittel
- Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Costa Rica – Aesthetic Dentistry
- Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Costa Rica – Restorative Dentistry
- Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Costa Rica – Dental Surgery
- Course on Post-Operative Dental Pain – September 2015
- Dental Symposium – Dr. Fernando Cerdas – June 2015
- Odontologo at Monteverde Dental Care
- Odontologo at Clinicas Dentales Dr. Pablo Dittel
- Former Dentist at Costa Rican Department of Social Security
- National and International Lecturer.
- Former President of the Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. 2010- 2012 / 2012- 2014
- Former Coordinator of the Postgraduate of Pediatric Dentistry. 2013-2016.
- Member of the Costa Rican Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Member of the Latin American Association of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Private practice in General Dentistry and Endodontics in private practice.
- Dental Clinic INS.
- Clinic Dr. Carlos Meza.
- Clinic Dr. Litwin and Dr. Alejandro Bolaños. Natalia Alvarado.
- Clinic Dr. Francisco Quesada.
Dr. Siu Leng Chan Con
- January 2005 - December 2006, University Pontificia Javeriana. Bogota, Colombia Specialty in Periodontics.
- May 2004, Graduate like the Licentiate in Dentistry, Doctor in Dental Surgery, University Latina of Costa Rica.
- 1999 Conclusion of secondary studies, Colegio Metodista
- January 2007 - Present: Hospital CIMA San Jose, Costa Rica.
- January 2007 - Present: Dentist specialist in Periodontics in private consultations, Costa Rica.
- May 2004 - December 2004: Clinic Corazon de Jesus. General Dentist in private consultation for adults and children.
- January- December 2006: Teacher of students of dentistry of VII semester, Pontificial Clinic University Javeriana.
- May 2003 - April 2004, Integral Clinics, University Latina of Costa Rica. Attention to patients in the different specialities of Dentistry. Diagnostic of anomalies and oral wounds.
Dr. Enrique Parra
- Dental Technician School, (Cuno Berufschule Hagen), Germany, 1973-1977 – Dental Prosthesis Specialist Technician (Graduated First in Class)
- Master Dental Technician School (Handwerkskammer zu Köln), Koln (Cologne), Germany, 1985-1987 – Dental Prosthesis Master Technician
- Latin University of Costa Rica (Universidad Latina de Costa Rica), 1998-2003 – Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Latin University of Costa Rica (Universidad Latina de Costa Rica), 2002 – Advanced training in Endodontics
- University Hospital Jung Stilling (Universitätskrankenhaus Jung Stilling), Siegen, Germany, December 2004-January 2005 – Advanced training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology.
- Comprehensive course of dental implants. Dental July-September 2007. Dental Implants A-2. Dr. Arun K. Garg. (Course Director)
- Affiliate Member of the American Dental Association (ADA #197-50-1446)
- Member of the Costa Rican Dental Surgeon’s College
- Recognized by the Costa Rican Dentistry Board
- Recognized by the German Board of Master Dental Technicians
- Member of the German School of Dental Technicians